WoundClot Trauma Gauze (8cm x 20cm) Box of 10
WoundClot Trauma Gauze (8cm x 20cm)
This WoundClot Trauma 8cm x 20cm Haemostatic Gauze Dressing is a bio-absorbable, non-compressional and cost-effective haemostatic gauze made non-oxidised cellulose which can be fabricated into a variety of forms suitable for use in the control of bleeding on a wide range of wounds including severe trauma and lacerations. Small and compact, WoundClot Trauma requires minimal training and is ideal for Ambulance, Police, Fire and Military use.
Scientifically designed to create a haemodynamic gel environment, WoundClot absorbs large amounts of coagulants while adhering to the wound, thus controlling bleeding effectively.
Offering a rapid and sustained haemostatic effect helping to preserve the wound site for clinical treatment, the absorption capabilities of WoundClot is over 2500% its own weight. WoundClot can also be used effectively under anti-coagulation treatments.
After bleeding has stopped, the remaining residual membrane can be irrigated out of the wound safely without pulling on soft tissue or disrupting the existing clot.
Benefits of WoundClot Trauma:
- Non-compressional application
- Enhances and accelerates the natural clotting process
- Strong self-adherence
- Quick and easy to apply
- High absorption capabilities (over 2500% its own weight)
- For use with moderate to severe arterial and venous bleeding including severe trauma and lacerations
- Can be used on all wounds including non-compressional areas
- Small and compact
- Minimal wastage with 2 size options available
- Minimal training required
- Can be removed without disruption to the wound site
- Works under anti-coagulation treatments
Features of WoundClot Trauma
- No cytotoxicity sensitisation or irritation of skin
- Class IIb device
- CE marked
- FDA approved
- Single use
How does WoundClot work?
On contact with blood or exudate, the molecular structure of WoundClot Trauma gauze changes to becomes a viscous gel which adheres to the wound and not only activates but also enhances and accelerates the natural clotting system. This gelatinous membrane creates a mechanical barrier to immediately reduce blood flow. Platelets from the injury then attach to the formed gel by inter-molecular forces to form a stable membrane, which is able to withstand severe arterial and venous blood flow for hours.
Specific molecular groups, created in the manufacturing process, are then during gel formation to activate various coagulation factors in the blood, thus helping to form a physiologically natural biological clot in the wound.
|GTIN / EAN13||7290016339048|